Sunday, May 01, 2005

my beloved girl, Maggie

maggie has died. she died at home, on the couch, after fighting the good fight as long as her body was able. watching her last breath was difficult, but seeing her without any struggle was peaceful. she has such a big piece of my heart, i am tearing up again just writing this. i got tears after opening the freezer and seeing the bags of veggies i bought for her, knowing they would not be nourishing her body.....
whether or not it is true, i feel that she had other issues that could have been resolved, when i took her to the vet friday, they said her lungs sounded ok and she would be ok, but they gave her a bronchiodilator anyways, to help her lungs....i still thing she had pneumonia as well, because she had wet, labored breathing, but the vet didn't hear it. well, my dog slept by me and i could hear it all night. despite her meds which helped i think at least a little, her body was ready to rest. God I miss her. She panted hard for her last hour, and couldn't swallow, she was dripping from her mouth. Her poor little body was not able to carry on, she took her last breath by my side. I miss her so much, my Maggie dog, with me for about 9 years. I miss my baby girl.

1 comment:

Lora said...

{{{Big Hug}}}