Monday, March 07, 2005

migraines

boy they suck. it started last night, i thought my neck was just sore from the yardwork...but no. it was a little monster brewing. by noon today i had a full-fledged migraine, the 4 tylenol didn't even touch it. so i picked up my son and headed home fast, because i was so queasy....i knew what was next. my darling boy sat in bed with me and played, watched movies, and ate snacks all afternoon. he periodically rubbed my cheek, kissed my forehead, told me he loved me, and covered me up and called me 'so cute.' what have i done to deserve such love? he's building a rocket right now, with odds and ends from around the house, he is so good at it. the last rocket was awesome and even had a wick for lighting.
i just can't believe how rotten i felt today, it was the worst headache i can remember since 3rd grade. i hate throwing up when there is absolutely nothing in the tummy. it hurts so bad, i feel like i did 475984798 crunches. my abs better be flat tomorrow!
i have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow! so excited. also have autism group meeting, going to find out the job descrip. for president. it might be me!!! can't remember if i've ever been president of anything.
excedrin migraine works. i love it. i can sit up and turn my head now. i can keep my eyes open and read. oh the wonders of excedrin.
i just can't stand headaches. but it's gone now, thank God.
it's funny when your head's in the bowl and your dogs come up from behind you and put a paw on you. dober put her head on my leg....such an empathic pup.
i love my dogs. maggie is almost 9! i got her when i was a junior at Geneseo. 1996. my ____ at the time had just brought Skippy the amish (or mennonite?) beagle home. and i went to the pet store to buy him treats, and there was a most precious little mini beagle pup there, looking at me. i picked her up. loved her, put her down. she was $$$. i went home, told him about her, and he said, you know you want her, go get her. so i did. put some cash down and paid the man weekly for awhile. i had to rescue little maggie. she was 3.5 pounds when i got her. fit in my hands. had to take her with me everywhere for awhile because she didn't like to be alone...even with Skippy. i had mags with me on my 21st birthday, when everyone tried to make me do shots and all i wanted to do was hang out with friends and drink coffee and smoke. i hate shots.
better go before i wax on too deeply.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I'm glad it went away quickly enough. They suck so bad. I'll never forgive the one that made me miss the Bare Naked Ladies concert at Geneseo.
Not that you have a lot of time to read, but I read a book recently that you may find interesting. It's called "the curious incident of the dog in the might-time" by Mark Haddon. It's a quick read and it's written from the perspective of young man with autism.
Good Luck at your Autism Group meeting, I hope the position is all that you wish it to be.
-L