Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter

It is a happy one for me. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the Easter bunny and hiding eggs all over the head for my little one. Went on a little last minute shopping last night to find some plastic eggs, and of course, i couldn't find any. What i did find, however, was little plastic soccer balls and baseballs. Perfect!!! Add hershey kisses to a few and strategically hide them around the house. He still hasn't found all of them, one is still on the loose. I hid his basket in the shower. After the egg hunt, I gave him some clues and he ran straight to the shower. The happy squeal he let out is worth every moment of scolding and misbehavior ever. Pure joy and excitement, he was so excited. And, so was I. I felt like a kid. Then we went through the contents of his basket, which looked more like what you'd find under the Christmas tree. A little wooden model submarine and airplane, silly putty, a big pack of 48 crayons, (ok, that was more for me, i love the shape of that box! he even let me open them and color with them first!!!! great kid, eh?), dry-erase markers, tape (oh my gosh, that kid LOVES tape, he loves to wrap his toys as presents and give them to me. he uses ribbon and everything. he will majorly impress the chicks when he gets older, he's such a love), and what else, a jumprope with carrot handles, and a dart gun with sticky things on the end. That was so cool. I also got him big dry erase board which is still wrapped and a wooden tonka model boat. He's been building boats and stuff for the past few weeks out of whatever he can find, so I thought he'd enjoy a model. We shall see. That may be too structured for him, and it's not nearly as creative, which is what he is exploring, but i want him to see that models are an option should he choose it. I got the dry erase board because whenever he comes to my classroom, he writes and writes on it, and i love playing on it too, so we can enjoy it together at home. My son is feeling better, thank God. His fever broke yesterday and his dots are fading. I'm going to clean my closet and kitchen drawers today.
I feel good today. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I'm glad Ethan is feeling better.
Happy Easter to you.