Sunday, April 10, 2005

gardening

yesterday was great. got a lot of yard work done. going to plant a tree today. hopefully a crepe myrtle or a dogwood. depends on the $$$. mulch will be delivered monday, yippee! it's been a long time since the yard has been covered with good mulch. last year i did the bag mulch thing and that cost more than what i'm doing this year and all that floated away with the rain. grrr. so monday i'll be involved with 'mulch mountain.' that's what ethan called it last time we got a load dumped in the front yard, that was when he was 3!!! my yard looks so nice right now, monday it will have 'curb appeal' and i am all about that. my house has looked shabby lately because of the storms and wind and all that good stuff. leaves all around, sticks and branches speckling the driveway.
going to hang with my son today, follow our noses. shop a little. i don't have a lot of spring stuff to wear. i got rid of so much stuff last time i cleaned the closet, i'm left with 3 or 4 things i can wear to work. oops. bad timing for that.
i'm doing well on my 'not a diet' thing. i realized that i was eating too much because of emotions. i figured, i usually stress myself to death when i'm sad or depressed, so this time i thought i'd try eating. well, that sure did comfort me but the results are more visible than when i internalize things. so i just decided to stop that bad eating, though it was sooo good. now i'm back to eating better and exercizing again. just a kapha imbalance. my dogs are sure happy about it. not sure why i'm writing about this. anyways, off to start my day.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Okay, I found that kapha refers to Ayurvedic medicine, but what does a kapha imbalance refer to?

I'm glad your taking better care of yourself. I know when I'm feeling stressed focusing on eating healthfully really makes me feel more centered and in control.

Lora said...

Nevermind, I found an explaination.
Enjoy your yard project.