Sunday, April 17, 2005

more maggie news

oh boy. my poor, sweet, mags. last night she started this shortness of breath thing, almost to a pant by midnight. had to take her to the vet at 1am. only thing, my lovely town does not have a vet that has emergency hours. out of like 5 or 6 vet offices, can you believe it? so we took her to Cary, 35-20 minutes north, where we got her stitches a year or two ago when she got attacked by a big dog.
she was in heart failure, i knew it. they kept her overnight for oxygen therapy, they had a tube in her nose. they gave her some stuff to help the fluid out of her lungs. got home at 4am. drove back up at 10 to pick her up, she's doing better, she's stable, but she needs to be on meds and closely monitored. i did sign a DNR for her last night, i figured if she wasn't responding to all that they were doing, then i didn't want to force her body to go on if she was too tired. but she stabalized with minimal treatments, so i am so very happy. i am also very tired.
i love my maggie dog, she was very happy to see me this morning. as long as she's comfortable, i'm ok. she has given me 9 great years.
making bracelets......remind me not to do this again, unless i'm making the profits for vet bills!
hee hee.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I'm so sorry, but glad she's stabilized. (((HUGE HUG)))
I'm home all evening call me if you need to talk.

Judy said...

I have a 15 1/2 year old Westie. I feel your pain.